Tuesday, January 31, 2006

2098 Another tip for right brained offices, dens and studios

It's OK to pile rather than file! Oh, thank the Lord! That's chapter 6 of Organizing from the right side of the brain, by Lee Silber. Reading further. Oh, oh. There's a codicil. "As long as you can find what you need when you need it." Hmmm.

What about when it's clean and you can't find it? Remember that extensive housecleaning and studio reorganizing I wrote about in December? Forgotten it already? Here and here. The other day my husband said, "I'm out of burnt umber. Have you got any?" I was pretty sure I didn't have any because it's not on my palette, but never mind, I couldn't find my watercolor tubes anyway. Everything is clean and tidy, but something better turn up quick, or I'll have to make a run to Dick Blick's soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Whenever my husband "cleans" I can't find anything, and even when I do it sometimes. Sometimes when things are in there correct "places" we can't find them!

Evadne Hatte said...

Thanks for your visit Norma, thought I would make a return trip to see you!
Tidying up always ends up in at least one important thing getting thrown out .. there was the time when the plane tickets to Amserdam 'disappeared' - oh no wait, we promised never to speak of that again!!